Saturday, December 22, 2007

Proudly Protecting Our Snowbanks...

I've been going through a lot of old photographs lately, organizing and archiving them. There are even a number of film images I had scanned for genealogy purposes.

This week, my son's friend from next door came over and saw one photo of me in a frame - from my Army years. He refused to believe I was in the Army! It got me thinking about a few old photos of me from that time period.

So for your complete amusement - here's a photo of me in Battle Creek, Michigan taken about 1990 (?) during "winter training exercises" after a big snow. Most of the people in our battalion had never been on snowshoes or skis before, and it was hilarious.

Let's just say if Battle Creek was attacked that day - we would have lost...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stacy, when we first became "online friends" about 15 years ago, you sent me this photo. Even after all that time, I can't picture you in the Army. But I think that, after they trained you in the Michigan snow, they should have sent you here to California to learn how to protect our beaches.

Donna Maurillo
Scotts Valley, California